Becoming Fully Competent in using MS Project as a Project Management Tool
Limited Time Offers Only
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Skill level: Expert Level
- Students: 2741
- Languages: English
- Captions: Yes
- Lectures: 47
- Video: 3.5 hours
What you’ll learn
The objective of this intensive, hands-on one-day training course is to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the advanced functionality of Microsoft Project 2010, 2013 or 2016. Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to able to use complex calendars, consolidate plans, share resources, base plan, track projects and customize Microsoft Project.
Contact/Consult/Hire Agile/Scrum/Waterfall Software Development Project Manager
MODULE 1: Importing & Exporting Data
Learning outcomes: Using and creating your own maps to import and export Project data to and from Excel and other applications.
- Import Project Data from Excel
- Export Project Data to Excel
- Creating Custom Export Maps
MODULE 2: Advanced Project Options
Learning outcomes: Understanding the Project’s sophisticated Scheduling and Calendar options and using the organizer to share useful customizations.
- Setting Non-Working Time
- Setting Scheduling Options
- Using the Organizer
- Customizing the Project Ribbon
MODULE 3: Advanced Resource Assignment
Learning outcomes: Using advanced tools and views to gain more control and visibility of resources and their usage across project tasks.
- Using Task Entry View
- Allocating Overtime/Setting Delays
- Solving Over Allocation Problems
- Using Projects Automatic Levelling
MODULE 4: Working with Multiple Projects
Learning outcomes: Creating a resource pool to share resource over many projects and consolidating projects allowing cross-project dependencies.
- Creating a Resource Pool
- Creating Consolidated Projects
MODULE 5: Customizing Microsoft Project
Learning outcomes: Creating your own specific fields, tables to display chosen fields and views and filters made up of your chosen tables and fields.
- Creating Custom Fields
- Creating Custom Tables
- Creating Custom Views
- Creating Custom Filters
MODULE 6: Creating Reports
Learning outcomes: Using Project’s built-in reports and creating your own custom reports to show specific information from a project.
- Using Built-in Visual Report Templates
- Editing a Visual Report in Excel
- Creating Custom Reports (Project 2010)
- Creating Custom Chart Reports (Project 2013)
- Creating Custom Table Reports (Project 2013)
Delegates should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction course
Who this course is for:
- The course is intended for existing users of Microsoft Project 2010, 2013 or 2016 who want to use the more advanced features of the software in order to increase their knowledge, productivity and effectiveness.